Sunday, November 8, 2009

Gunung Bujang Melaka


Awek2 gunung

Monday blues.. Just had a race yesterday, N today is back to my cubicle. With highly caffeinated chinese tea, its d only drink to sustain me from falling asleep. Still did not feel the normal DOM(Delay Offset Muscle) but i have felt my DOM (Delay offset Mind) already. Mind already wander to coming weekend =)

My first race after being ber-honeymoon for 5 months. Though i thought i would be thorn between Powerman & Gunung race, it turned out that the gunung race lebih menggoda. Unable to resist the temptation, I sms-ed Ros to register me in.

Morning started with cool weather. All were like "Nurul Ainnnn!!" Da lama tak jumpe kawan2, N these are my racing friends. Cuma jumpa time race jer. I brought my waterbag initially, but all the expert runners said that it was not necessary. Only 16km. OOONNnnnly.. Ya right, what was 16km, turned out to be a 4hr run; sort of like marathon. N i trained maximum 10k in a training, luckily did an offroad run a week before.

Start of the run, it was flat all the way. then gradually up, then up & down. got sesat in between, apparently there was double marking. Infront of me (women's open) were all 4 kenyans & police ladies, laju bangat. I was then overtook by rita & stef, (both uni cat) hehe, they started later than open category. Managed to cut some aunties (same category), only to be overtook after being sesat. Stef & few other gurls got sesat skalik. After sesat, i got 2 rank lower. Time tu, da tak larat nak potong balik da. My training was definitely insufficient. It was already 2hr30min when i reached up. My longest run was only 10k. Downhill depend on mind set jer. leg were not co-operating, as i felt some pain going downhill. Got to slow down. Uphill was quite a good one, for me lar=)

On the way up met some friends, saw corporateathletes & ajak him to run. He was going strong too, managed to put a smile though it was really tiring. Going down, met some aunties, & I was fooled by one of them. She said not to go fast, janji selamat. After overtaking her, she trailed me closely. I tried to move faster to open a gap, but she was trailing me from behind. Kejap nampak, kejap tak. My knee felt wobbly, i had not trained for such a distance. Once onroad, she overtook me & dissapeared infront. Auntie ni, penipu betul. If i were fitter, it doesnt matter if she tipu or not =)

Last leg was on road, bout 4-5km gak. I thought I was already safe, skalik Miao was behind me. Again, running fast as I could, I managed to finish just slightly infront of her. She was doing a great job, as her downhill was really fast. Marshall told me that I was 9th, & she was 10th. Happy that both of us qualify for prize money. It turned out that I was 10th & she was 11th. Giving false hope to someone is not nice at all. It happened the other time to Julie as well. Its like giving a kid an icecream N taking it away.

Lastly, lepak w some police & get police stories; same goes to army friends, some awek cun geng & some college boys. So much to exchange. Stef dpt 2nd, sian die sesat skalik. but sesat in adventure races are kind of acceptable. =) felt nice that i had finished it finally. =) N managed to get a free hotel stay for my parents =)

Forgot to mention, the trail was 4km onroad, another 4km flat offroad. Then gradual up, then it was up & down, left N right. it doesnt go straight up. quite challenging, i meant the mental part. Physical strong without mindset pun susah gak. Final was steep. Then its all Uturn N the otherway round. going down was meant for the testing my mind, as it seemed extremely long compared to going up.

Some Medal, 10th


Sila la inaikan kaki i

4 comments:

  1. haaa..nama aku disebut di sini..yupp...betul fong.. mmg tak patut kalau organizer main chipsmore..kejap kasi kejap tak nak kasi... anyways, congrats on the win. and we all missed u kat Powerman.. i tgh tunggu masa yg sesuai to write race report

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, mana gambo powerman? how did u?? heehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. fong, I saw that aunty ... she was fast! You were very fast too ... I was .... as usual .... kappuuutttt ... :) good to see u there. this weekend nih see u again at Gopeng lak...

    p/s - sorry, I don't have access to blogspots from office - diaorg barred. I only can check it from home

    ReplyDelete
  4. u can bring a big camera going up&down, not an easy task ba.. N managed to trail closely, laju gak aaa... if office bagi u blogspot, alamat x buat keje aaa

    ReplyDelete