Sorry, I had mis-heard the news. Al-fatihah to Farahdini, who was killed during a cycling training stint at 50km/hr as she crashed on her teammate's back wheel. She sustained head injury and passed away after that. Sorry for the wrong information saying she was car-crashed.
I vividly remembered Farahdini. Her name was familiar. Yup, she went to KL MTB race last 2 years, same category as mine. And she won first. I came behind her, but it was like 5 minutes far apart. She is one of the navy cyclist team. She was on her training with 5 other men cyclists. And only then, I knew she represented Malaysia together with Kimberley Yap etc for Seagame last year. Al fatihah to her, may god bless her.
Talking about cycling on road, its getting more and more dangerous. Its not bicycle tripping bicycle anymore, or bicycle going over potholes anymore. Its now cars hitting the bicycles trend, which saddens me alot. Really wish all cyclist to be as safe as possible, eventhough precaution has been taken. And motorists out there, it really pays if you could respect the other road users, just few km/hrs slower is not a big thing pun.

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/Motorworld/Story/A1Story20100330-207446.html
ReplyDeleteRIP both avid cyclist...
RIP to them too.. too sad to hear such news. They were only out there to train..
ReplyDeleteCondolence to her family & fatihah from me. My deepest sympathy. Ride safe everyone.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.theborneopost.com/?p=22040
ReplyDeleteWhy this one says different story?
sorry, i had wrong info. I heard the news differently. she was not car-crashed.
ReplyDeleteInnanillah... news about the fallen so young and so soon.
ReplyDeleteAlfatihah, and may Allah bless her soul.
FYI. Epol aka Janggut pun was hit by car at DUKE hiway last 3day.. Melambung atas kete & jatuh. Lucky dia mengalami hanya luka/bengkak.
ReplyDeleteEpoi is regular marshall for many under QR events
i knew epol janggut... famous guy.. hope he recovers fast..
ReplyDelete