Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding... part I (engagement)















  1. Pic 1 : My LW2x (rowing partner)















Pic 2 : Transform...

It was actually my best friend's engagement last week. She was getting engaged to her sweetheart.. her story was like a movie script. Both athletes, both rowers, & both are sweet as ever.

Nordiyana Kamaruddin aka DEDEQ

  1. National ex-rower
  2. passionate
  3. hilarious but serious
  4. friendly but firm
  5. decisive, objective minded
  6. kind, sweet, helpful

Mohd Syahir aka CAE

  1. National ex-rower
  2. Friendly
  3. Funny
  4. Objective minded
  5. Deq knows him better...

Both deq & cae has the chemistry. They are an item. Both were in the same training camp.. before they knew it, love blossomed. then, their relationship went to the next level. Till last week, they were engaged.
I had the honour to attend their engagement ceremony. I was told earlier that it was supposed to be end of Jan 09. Feeling happy for them, I did plan to go for their engagement. However, something stupid happened to me. Instead, I went for a ride to Cameron. Kononnye, I wanted to do IM training during that weekend. Since all my friends are up there in Cameron, me too did not want to miss that opportunity to ride up.

I didnt know that engagement was something so special in someone's life. I really didnt know about that. When I found out that I had done silly mistake, I felt terribly sorry for Deq, for her being my best friend, i should have been there for her. Deq, if you are reading this, I m sincerely sorry for wat i had done.
I didnt know that, we will get nervous just before the engagement ceromony starts. Butterflies in stomach while wearing the ring, and real happy once the ring is on our fingers. Mixture of feelings at that very moment.

I might have put sports as my top priority, however, I still value my friends & family. For being without them is painfully unbearable.
I do hope that My Best Friend's Wedding Part II - (wedding) would come soon. This time will be the story of their wedding ceromony, then their kids and more... God Bless Them...

No comments:

Post a Comment