Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Faces of Malaysians; Phases of Mine

Since young, I had this dream that someday, just someday; that I will be the centre of attraction. Fantasy of being a little princess, where once you make your entrance, people will go oooh & aaahhh, that people will notice you.. I guess its a dream of all girls out there. Unless you are born blessed with naturally beautiful feature; otherwise it might only happen once, on the biggest day of your life, your wedding day.. hopefully..
Well, as I thought so. Not until just recently. That I noticed, wherever I go now, I get the gaze & attention from the public. Going to the ladies, I get priority; My doors being opened right before I could reach out for it; Queing for cinemas was never easier; People making ways for me upon my leaving. I never got that before. Amazing isn't it. I just realised that I now see the faces of Malaysian, & am glad that I see the kinder side.
Actually I had just met with an accident, am left with hairline fractures at my ankle & tibula. I was biking around & next thing I knew, a BANG from behind, & there I was lying on the floor. X-ray was done, cement casted. I am left to recover for 2 months to be exact. No outdoor activities for me now. R&R saja. Me & my crutches till I am good to walk on my own. As I am grateful to be alive without any operation, I still geram as July is the racing month. Nothing can be done, yet so much that I learned. The first few days were all sleepings & dvd watchings. Then, a phone call from Stef, suggesting to do some basic moves. Nanti cepat gemuk... Its true, knowing me. Then I included some core & self learned pilates into my days. Still first week went well though it was boring. But I kind of like the slower phase of my life now. Before was working & training, a phase I never thought I could do for long. I had the time to reflect of all I had done, only to realise that there are much more that I had not done.
Going into 2nd week was plain boring, that I decided to bring my whole family to watch Transformer. Erm, its the other way round. They brought me to MidValley. Mana tahan, all my friends had watched it, to extend that they were doing it 2nd or 3rd round. Its then, when I realised the attentions. Faces of Malaysians. Walking towards a glassed door, i spotted a couple, both smoking, weird looking hairdo & surprisingly the guy opened the door for me, with a sweet smile. I could just smile back. My crutches did some miracles. Not to mention the cinema Q, toilet Q etc. Actually I think was thick skinned enough to go there.
Nevertheless, I still hope for fast recovery to kickstart another phase of my life. And I can't thank enough to my family to go through this with me, as well as my friends who wishes me well. I am grateful to be me.

5 comments:

  1. looo... patut lama tak dengar berita.. kesiannya..

    cepat2 sembuh ok nanti kita boleh dating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, so dat ble race skali nanti.. btw, all d best for all your coming races..

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww.... get well soon tau...:)

    so dah bleh ker I melawat? kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  4. get well soon....
    moga cepat sembuh

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha.. k.rita, thanks for coming anyway gak, coz my house mmg serabut giler time tu.. difficult to mobilise gak.. hehe...
    miao, bestnyer skang byk race.. gunung plak tu.. gud luck to u..

    ReplyDelete