The Star just highlighted on the addiction to sports. I think all of us have it =) seriously, if we are addicted to joining races, there is no way out. How to improve if we don't train? I think all long distance athlete have this compulsive disorder as well. Long hour training needed to for such race. Hub noticed my disorder & even pointed out before marriage; but adamant me would not just listen, until this article comes out. There are few traits which determine if you are, & i think i might rank 9/10 (previously) if I were to gauge myself.
Some of the syntomps includes, desocializing from friends & family, thinking fat starts accumulating once you skip a session, an hour a day training is necessary; any lesser would make u freak, trying to include training session eventhough there is family emergency, less desire for sex as training feels better, depressed if missing training session, etc etc. Do look out here for more information.
However, I do come across athletes who thinks highly on performance, who knows when to stop, when to peak etc. They should be the role model. Train smart would be the key. That would include training plan, rest, sports nutrition, long & short term goal etc. Maybe we can take some example from the article & put let them be our reminder. The aim is to do sports till old with no injuries =)

spot on, sista! thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletewell, sometimes we get too carried away, right!
good stuff... never thought there was such a thing...
ReplyDeleteyup.. betol tu.. for me, most important is injury free =)
ReplyDeleteAs a weekend warrior, I'll go with moderation. Juggling between trainings and house chores demands the same effort. That means, workouts 24-7! Hehe.
ReplyDeleteI am Gilbert Chee from Rotaract club of Taylor’s University College.
ReplyDeleteCurrently, we are organizing a charity event, and we hope that you could help us post our event flyer as well as a short description on your blog.
I’m sorry to post this on your chatterbox as i couldn’t find your email address.
Please do drop me a email if you are interested in knowing more of the details.
Thank you
Gilbert Chee
diket : hehe, paling susah is nak balance up everyting rite =) family, career, sports, etc..
ReplyDeletegilbert : I cant find ur email as well.. i can post the advert.. btw, my sis N bro were from Taylors too...